Monday, August 19, 2013

Class Lists

Back to work on a rainy Monday. But on the upside I hope I have a final class list with no more changes! One of the first things I do when I am handed my new class list is to put the kids in alphabetical order and make a new list. This is very helpful when going through the list in my head, hundreds of times each year. For instance, my new class includes 3 children that start with an "A" and 4 that start with "C". So the first 6 on the list will be pretty easy to memorize. I also take notice to birthdays and boy/girl ratios. One thing I noticed is that over half of my class have late birthdays, which means they are overall a fairly young class with one turning 4 on the cutoff day. 7 boys/11 girls. Now if I can just learn to pronounce some of these names. (:

No comments: